SEO Web Design Services
Most web designers do not build websites with SEO mind. They tend to not optimize and structure content for the purpose of ranking it, but place all of their efforts into making the website look and feel good for the user.
On the other hand, SEO companies are less concerned with the look and feel of a website, and tend to not use common user metrics in their research for the planning and building of them.
At Visual Rankings, our goal is always to do both.
In the past, SEO was quite simple, all you had to do was to stuff a page with keywords and build a bunch of crappy links, and you were sure to rank number one. Most SEO specialists were just glorified spammers.
But, over time, search engines, such as Google, have built up their algorithms to filter and calculate numerous factors when deciding which pages will rank first in the search engine result page.
When building your website, we consider and implement the following:
Before we design and optimize your site, we need to do user/keyword research in order to get quality traffic after the design is built.
We use a number of SEO tools that helps us determine:
- What keywords users are searching for
- Competitor metrics of those keywords
- Related Keywords
- User behavior
- Long tail keyword opportunities
If you have any website or social media data about your company, user behavior data may affect how your site ranks with factors that include:
- Reviews - Google, Facebook, Yelp, and more.
- Time on site - The duration of user visits
- Bounce rate - Percentage of users who leave your site without viewing your other pages
Bot/User Ranking Factors
This is an indicator that critical elements of user experience are considered in determining SEO best practices. Considerations such as:
- Is your site secure, mobile-friendly, and fast?
- How easy is your site to navigate?
- Do you have good quality content that ensures the users stay and engage for longer?
- How is your site performance and speed?
Picture SEO and user experience in this light: User experience targets the site’s visitors while SEO targets the search engines. Both of them work in harmony to ensure that users have the best experience. If you include one without the other, you chances of achieving sales for your products and services are minimal.
Below are some website factors that affect user experience and SEO.
Without content, SEO is dead and your website is meaningless.
With content, you can signal to the search engines that your site is qualitative and communicate what your website is about.
What Does Content Include?
Content is made up of the words and media that you see on a site and the meta information that is mainly for the search engines. The main aspects of content include:
- Main body of content. This is the core content on your web pages that include:
- Textual content (headers, paragraphs, bullet points)
- Meta Information. This is information that is mostly viewable to search engines.
- Titles (not technically meta, but functions partially as meta)
- Meta descriptions
- XML Sitemaps
Content is the most important element to ranking websites, but once you have your content, you need to label, structure, and place it in the right category so that it has context for the user and the bot.
Without giving your content the proper context, your content will be scrambled and disorganize, which will result in a lesser quality score from search engines and create user frustration.
That's where information architecture comes in.
A well optimized website architecture is not only important to visitors, but it is also to the site’s roadmap to search engine bots.
As part of our web design services, we include the following information architecture elements:
- Labeling the navigation links
- Creating SILO's (self-contained categories)
- Interlinking between pages
- Creating a custom, non-generated HTML sitemap
- Optimizing for mobile and desktop
SEO and Web Design
A newly designed site that is not optimized correctly will typically result in minimum to no traffic. Without traffic, it's impossible to get sales online. Our goals for web design is to give you a conversion-friendly site that is also visible to search engines. Contact us to learn more!